What Went Down While Filming

 As stated in the previous blog, filming was done on Saturday, 3/3/2024. The filming once again occurred at Corvelest's house. I was able to finish filming the dialogue scene. Which was between the protagonist (Teo) and antagonist (Corvelest) characters. I was able to get up until right before the pre-climax scene. Filming that pre-climax was scene took a while. I basically filmed the protagonist walking into the kitchen and grabbing a beverage for the antagonist. However, I had to shoot him doing that from a variety of angles, and lighting. In terms of lighting, the first time the lighting from the ceiling was brighter. I shot the same scene again but in darker lighting. The ceiling lights have lights that can adjust so I played around with a bit. I filmed the same scene a third time and it was the darkest one this time. Also, when the protagonist goes to open the fridge, I filmed from an angle where the camera is above the protagonist and he's on the right side of the screen. I was actually sitting on the counter-top of Corvelest's kitchen when I filmed from that angle. When I filmed the scene again, this time I did not hold the cellphone that was used to record. Instead, I used the tripod borrowed from Corey, and I set it on top of a bowl. The camera was rolling for about 3 minutes. It took Teo about 4 tries to execute the scene perfectly. Later when I'm editing the film, I will have to significantly cut out most of the film. So that it can just show the part where Teo got it right. While filming I debated facing the screen of the cell phone used to film. However, I kept the screen facing away. Due to a specific advice I received that if you face the cell phone screen towards the actor will likely now look directly at the camera. But rather at themselves being recorded on the screen. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Watch the Titles Website

Final Task: R3VENGE