Taking Inspirations from other Films

 The weekend that the group and I were supposed to film. As previously stated it had to be postponed. This is because my group member Teo couldn't make it. Since he had plans with some friend of girlfriend which he prioritized more than the filming date. I decided that I wanted to be productive and draw some inspiration. I decided to go the movie theater along with a pal of mine from church. I watched the new Bob Marley movie with him which was late at night. The movie started around 10:00 at night and ended at midnight. Instead of laying back, relaxing and just lazy-mindedly watching the film. I payed attention to the camera angles, the different shots, and the non-diegetic and diegetic sounds used throughout the film. I took much inspiration especially on the medium shots and medium close up shots. Where Bob Marley would be seen interacting with his people and at other times his studio executives and renowned people of status. The reason I payed particular attention to the scenes where there was dialogue is because in my film, the protagonist and antagonist characters dialogue with each other for one-third of the film. I wanted to get some ideas for some camera angles and positions and shots that I could probably use. Keep in mind I'm the camera man, so I must take the initiative to diversify each scene I shoot. During these dialogue-filled scenes, I also payed attention to the way that Bob Marley would converse with the different people in his social circle. As well as the people involved in his everyday life. With most people he was very chill and relaxed with, particularly his mistress, his friends, and the studio manager. But then there were few scenes where he would get upset or angry, and expressed it in a way that he didn't hold back. In one instance he lashed out on his band manager he suspected was stealing with him. That emotional transitions from happy and alright to angry and infuriated is what I wanted to annotate. Because though none of the characters in my film will go from happy to mad. One of them will go from happy-to-scared. The techniques used during these transitions won't be the exact same but will be similar. In these transitions, facial expressions and body language are key components of this. Below is a picture from one of the scenes in the new Bob Marley film that I took. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Watch the Titles Website

Final Task: R3VENGE